Bonjour a tous! Today was a very productive day in the life of Madame Dupee. Let me tell you a bit about my day by sharing with you the places I visited today.
- 2 ecoles. I was the guest teacher for the second school, where we learned how to say different prepositions (under, on, in front of, behind).
- Un magasin de jouets (a toy store), where I bought some fantastic things for my wonderul students to use in the classroom!
- Une fromagerie (a cheese store)
- Une epicerie (a grocery store)
- Une boucherie (the butcher shop)
- Une bibliotheque (we all know that one, right?). The librarian was so excited about what I was studying that she is going to talk with the other librarians to make a list of the most popular kids books in France to give to me tomorrow! I can't wait to see what they come up with!
- Une maison. I just finished a delicious dinner by two of Sarah's friends. Marla posted a question about chocolate chip cookies, so I asked these friends if they had ever eaten one. Their answer- what is a chocolate chip cookie? I had to fix that! I gave her the rest of the cookies that I had brought for Sarah, and they were a bit hit. Instead of chocolate chip cookies, this friend (Claudine) said that bread and chocolate were very popular as a snack.
Here is Sarah posing with another popular snack, and me with the gifts she gave me for housewarming gifts (a grocery sack- very popular here, and a tablecloth- sewn by her!).