Today is Saturday, and I did something that I have never done before on a Saturday- I went to school! As we have discussed in class, students in France dont't go to school on Wednesday, but they do have a half day of school on Saturday. I tried to keep my eyes out for things that Mrs. Choren asked about in her comment, and here are a few interesting things about the school I visited:
- They don't wear uniforms. In fact; the teacher was wearing jeans!
- In the class I visited, half of the students were in SK and half were in 1st grade. The teacher did say that this was a bit abnormal.
- The paper that the students used was graph paper- not regular lined paper like we have.
- They go home for lunch, and get a recess in the morning and a recess in the afternoon.
- They don't have snack and are only allowed to go to the bathroom when their whole class goes.
Holland asked a great question in her comment: what time is it in France? I am here to tell you that time travel is possible- I am seven hours in the future! While it is 3:45 p.m. your time, it is 10:45 p.m. here.
10:45!! It's late! I will write more tomorrow...