Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday School

Today is Saturday, and I did something that I have never done before on a Saturday- I went to school! As we have discussed in class, students in France dont't go to school on Wednesday, but they do have a half day of school on Saturday. I tried to keep my eyes out for things that Mrs. Choren asked about in her comment, and here are a few interesting things about the school I visited:

- They don't wear uniforms. In fact; the teacher was wearing jeans!
- In the class I visited, half of the students were in SK and half were in 1st grade. The teacher did say that this was a bit abnormal.
- The paper that the students used was graph paper- not regular lined paper like we have.
- They go home for lunch, and get a recess in the morning and a recess in the afternoon.
- They don't have snack and are only allowed to go to the bathroom when their whole class goes.

Holland asked a great question in her comment: what time is it in France? I am here to tell you that time travel is possible- I am seven hours in the future! While it is 3:45 p.m. your time, it is 10:45 p.m. here.

10:45!! It's late! I will write more tomorrow...

2 comments:

teacherjw said...

I love reading your entries. How cool is this! I feel like I am there with you from what you are writing. I am saving my pennies so that I can go back to Europe. What a great adventure!
~JoAnne

Nathan R. said...

Dear Madame,

What is the most populer insterment that kids play?

Nathan Rankin